You'd think I could find my way out of anything...

with an @$$ that glows!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to write a letter...?

Okay, I'm blogging this because I want to write a letter to a person without coming off all fan-girly. I admire and respect this person more than any other person - EVER.
You know how in school, starting in like 1st grade they start asking you what you wanna be when you grow up? Or who your "idol" is? Who do you wanna be like when you grow up? I've never really had an answer for that. Seriously. I'm the oldest, so never named my siblings, I never named a family member, except in the absence of having a real answer and needing one or getting an 'F'.
I never really looked up to any celebrities or musicians either. I could say I was impressed with people say, like Aerosmith, or Richard Patrick, or anyone like that that came out of the drug and alcohol induced fog of their existence, survived and led others to do the same. But that was a place I'd never actually been, and wasn't really interested in trying to feel that other side. I still don't.
My point being that I stumbled upon this person, finding him to be everything I'm not, but would like to be, using his open heart and mind to not only stand up but REALLY FIGHT for what he believes in and it's carried over into thousands of other lives. I see evidence of this almost every day. Yes, he's beautiful to look at, but I very quickly saw past that when I started LISTENING to what he was saying.
Now, I am very close to accomplishing a goal I set for myself to at least get the opportunity to meet him. But I realize that realistically, that will probably last all of 30seconds, unless God throws a HUGE favor in my direction.

So, I decided that in order to be able to eventually say all I'd like to say, a letter, handed over hopefully personally, is the most likely the easiest way to go about this. But I don't know where to start. I want to sound appreciative and respectful, not like a crazed fan that I'm apt to do. Letters are not a strong point, usually coming out as a rambling rant or lots of complaining in most cases. Stories, when left to my own devices, however, I'm good at, as long as I can stay focused on the scene and not jump forwards and backwards a lot. Another thing I'm apt to do...hence the pause in the story I started about 3 months ago and haven't touched in 2 1/2 months.

Any Suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Read your blog again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My advice to you is to right down everything you just said. People especially famous people want to hear the truth of why someone really likes them. They want to know how what they do makes you feel. Just be honest. And the rest will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this makes me scratch my head and say HUH?

    ReplyDelete